This procedure describes how to create an extra barcode workflow for material that needs a different camera profile then the standard one. Special camera profile can be provided by Summa upon request.
First a small explanation on the use of camera profiles for the F series and SummaFlex. There are three camera profiles for any combination media – mark colour. You have the ipp files for mark recognition in standard jobs in SummaFlex. These files can be found in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Summa\SummaFlex Pro\Cutter\img. How to change profile is explained in the F series manual in section 3.10.2
You have the xml files for mark recognition in barcode jobs in SummaFlex. These files can be found in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Summa\SummaFlex Pro\ProductionManager\Imaging. This document will explain how to use them. And you have the sccp files for barcode recognition in axis control for barcode jobs. These files can be found in the directory C:\ProgramData\Summa Axis Control\profiles. The calibration of the profile for axis control is explained in the manual of the F eries section 4.1.7 All those profiles use different recognition algorithms and are thus complete independent from one another, So it is possible that for a specific combination of media – mark colour only one profile needs to be changed.
Remark, when SummaFlex in Barcode workflow does not recognize markers there are some quick settings you could try to change and check if this solves the marker detection issue.
1) Set with Axis Control the camera on the center of a mark:
2) Opene SummaFlex and go to "Production tab" - "Camera settings..."
3) Go to the "Image Processing Profile" (1) - change profile to "Circle Threshold" (2) - change "size tolerance" and "axis tolerance" to 1,3 or 1,4 to increase the tolerance of the marker detection - Save this.
4) Go back to the Camera settings:
5) Click on "Adjust" to calibrate the size of the marker again and "save" the profile