The new MacSign for Summa roll cutters is no longer a stand alone application. It is a collection of Adobe Illustrator plug-ins that allow the user to add registration marks to the artwork and to send the artwork to a Summa cutting plotter all from within Adobe Illustrator.
There are two plug-ins included in the new MacSign:
1. The Summa Registration Marks plug-in allows you to add registration marks, OPOS XY line, and barcode to the artwork. This is used for automatic alignment of a contour cut on a Summa cutter. The plug-in automatically adds registration marks and OPOS XY line in their own separate, locked layers of the design (Marks and OPOS XY Line) according to the Summa advised values of the mark's size, distances and margins.
2. The Summa Send to Cutter plug-in allows you to send the artwork to the Summa cutter directly from the Adobe Illustrator application.
The plug-in adds two commands to the Adobe Illustrator interface:
- The File> MacSign> "Send (Selection) to Cutter… " command sends the (selected) artwork to Summa cutter set in the other command. The plug-in shows a dialog box that allows the user to set the number of copies and their distance along the X axis, turn on the OPOS single sheet mode on the cutter, etc. The paths on the FlexCut layer will be cut in FlexCut mode and paths on the ExtraPen layer will be plot with the extra pen.
- The File> MacSign> "Cutter Setup… " shows a dialog box that allows the user to choose the plotter, model, and the connection type (USB or Ethernet).
As with the previous MacSign Cut, the new MacSign plug-in needs to be registered within 30 days after installation (the user will receive an activation key).
NOTE: If you install MacSign Plug-in on a computer where MacSign Cut is installed, you don’t need to do a new registration and you don’t need to activate MacSign Plug-in: it is automatically activated. If you install MacSign Plug-in on a computer where MacSign Cut is not installed, you don’t need to do a new registration but you need to activate MacSign Plug-in using the same activation info of MacSign Cut.
MacSign Plug-in is compatible with Adobe Illustrator CC and later. According to Adobe Illustrator version that houses the plug-in, the supported OS is Mac OS X 10.6 and later (including Catalina).
1. Download the Zip file
2. Right-click on the zip file and select "Extract All..."pick the location where you want the file contents, and click "Extract"
3. Go to the location of the extracted file and open the .pkg install file
4. follow the instructions within the installer