How to set up FlexCut is shown in video below.
The cutting through (or die cutting) functionality is focused to cut simple shapes (e.g. rectangles). It is most used in combination with contour cutting.
An interrupted cutting line makes sure that the material remains together thanks to the small media ‘bridges’. When the job is finished the cut pieces can be torn out.
To create the interrupted cutting line (FlexCut) some adjustments need to be done, and some parameters have to be set:
1. Knife depth
2. FlexCut parameters:
- Full Pressure
- Full Pressure Cut Length
- Flex Pressure
- Flex Pressure Cut Length
- FlexCut Speed
For determining the FlexCut parameters the normal knife pressure test pattern can be used:
1. Power on the machine.
2. Load media in the machine.
3. Use a high knife pressure. The knife pressure to use depends on the sharpness of the knife and the media used. For standard non-laminated media, a good start value is 200 grams.
Determine Knife Depth Setting
1. Set the knife to extend the nose piece wheels so it can cut completely through the media. This will usually result in the knife to cut too deep. For this to do, turn clockwise on the knife holder. One complete turn (360°) of the knife holder will increase the knife depth with 0.5 mm.
2. Click the knife pressure test button to verify the knife can cut through the media. Eventually increase the knife pressure until the media can be cut through.
3. Decrease the knife depth by turning counterclockwise on the knife holder, until the knife barely cuts through. Click the knife pressure test button to verify.
4. Increase the knife depth slightly: rotate the knife holder clockwise for ¼ (≈ 0.1 mm) of a turn. Click the knife pressure test button to verify.
5. Decrease the knife pressure until the knife barely cuts through. Click the knife pressure test button to verify.
6. increase the knife pressure with 10%, this to compensate for the knife wear while cutting the job. Click the knife pressure test button to verify. Note this knife pressure, as it has to be used for the FlexCut Full pressure parameter.
7. Decrease the knife pressure until the knife only cuts the film, and barely scratches the liner. Click the knife pressure test button to verify. Note this knife pressure, as this has to be used for the FlexCut Flex pressure parameter.
8. Adjust the knife pressure until the knife only cuts the film, the glue, and scratches the liner. Click the knife pressure test button to verify. This pressure will be used for the normal contour cut.
The FlexCut parameters can be set from the display of the machine.
1. Set the Full pressure and Flex pressure as defined in step 6 and step 7.
2. Adjust the parameters Full pressure cut length and Flex pressure cut length to suit your needs, depending on the media.
3. Click one of the parameters, and click the test button to verify the settings.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article